There’s nothing like the flu to hinder progress! I’m less than 2 weeks (hopefully!) away from starting on my next flip house, and I thought I would be done with this bathroom by now. But alas, some aches and pains and some backwards progress have kept me square in the middle of this project.
I did finally make up with my vanity, but we have had a few tiffs since then.
Here’s the list of main projects:
- Vanity – It’s assembled (thank goodness!) I was really nervous about making and installi ng the drawer as well as cutting the shelf on my circular saw. But it is now in my living room getting painted. So happy to be finishing it up!
- Herringbone mirror – This is on my workbench as I write this. I’ve gotten most of the full pieces down, and I’m now cutting the smaller pieces around the edge. I’m working with a lot smaller pieces than I did with my herringbone fireplace, so it is much more tedious. But it’s still fun, like putting together a puzzle.
- Walls – paint and paneling – Not much progress here, but I have started taking everything out and getting the outlet covers off. Next big thing there is removing the wall sink and getting my faux shiplap cut.
- Interior Shutters – Done! I’m just waiting to hang, which will be after painting.
- Transom window – The frame and trim is all cut and partially assembled. Next up is paint.
Other projects: These are the smaller pieces that I’m hoping to pull together –
- Shower Rod Cover – I’m hoping to install a reclaimed wood valence to hide the shower curtain rod. I’ve cleaned up some wood that came from the Rehoboth Beach boardwalk, but I think I need more. Right now it’s crazy windy, cold, and wet outside! So it may be a while before I can get back out there to scrub down the boards.
- Shelves – I have plans for two shelves, also from the boardwalk boards.
- Towel rack – This is an easy one – I just need to get my wood cut.
My biggest chore left is probably convincing my 4 year old to go to Lowe’s with me to get my wall planks. I have a feeling there may be some bribery involved. Wish me luck!